The internet has countless resources that may be used to reconnect with friends and family. They are social network sites, blog sites, discussion boards forums etc. You have people finders as well among the list of tools available to you, to help you on how to find former classmates. In this guide I will try to give you a brief overview of the many options you may use in reconnecting with your alumni. All the services provided in this publication are free.
You no longer need to wait for the next reunion to see your old classmates; thanks to the internet revolution. We will first look into how you can perform this search on Facebook. The first thing to do is to make yourself visible to your old classmates, in fact the very first thing you should do is to create an account on the website. Once you have an account you can then proceed to the following steps of making yourself visible to you old classmates:
1.log into your Facebook account.
2. Click the edit link positioned to the right of your profile link which is positioned at the center top of the home page once you log into your account.
3. You will be taken to an information page where you will see a couple of tabs that you can edit, these include; Contact, Personal, Relationship, Education, Work, Picture. You need to click on the Education tab.
4. Now enter the information related to the different high schools and colleges you attended as well as the years you attended them.
5. Click save settings, once you have done this other Facebook members from the same or similar college, varsity or high school will find you easily.
Now for you to find them you will need to:
1. Log into Facebook.
2. Go to left hand side of your Facebook page and click on the word search next to the box.
3. You will go to a page that will have links that will let you have or perform a search based on a group criteria which includes classmates and coworkers. You may select the search for classmates.
4. On this search page you will be given the opportunity to search according to your desired high school or college of choice that you may also include the graduation year of choice, you will get all the Facebook profiles that have people with the same listed criteria.
Another free online resource that you can use to reunite with all classmates is the Alumnionline.org. It has a listing of 16 682 schools. If you find that your school isn’t listed you can always add it to the database. You can filter your search to focus on a particular state on this site. You have different tools you can use on the site which include planning reunions, browsing schools, look into classmate sites: the site also offers Resources For Military Personnel To Find Military Friends They Served With.
Classmates.com is a site that allows you to locate old school friends (high school) and gives you the opportunity to search through one of the largest set of yearbooks online. The yearbooks cover over thirty million people: you will be required to sign in though to use the site services.
Friends reunited also offers a similar service to the above mentioned resource, although it is not specific to old classmates, you may still use it to find your fellow high school or college buddies. You are required to register to enter and use the site. Once you have your own account on the site you may then search through the website to find the friends or classmate you are interested in finding.
You Can Also Use a Search Engine
On Google you can also perform a search if you know the classmate’s name all you need to do is type in the name in the search engine and the school as well as the graduation year, all between brackets so that you get only information related to the data entered in between them. It’s not a guarantee but it’s worth a try.
Hope the above methods help you get in contact with your old classmates.
Many online sites claim to offer a comprehensive guide on how to find old friends on Facebook: well I stumbled on one which I feel will be of great help. It’s not too long and has visuals that help you understand what is being mentioned and discussed hope you enjoy it.
Use this online tool to search for friends, relatives and classmates online
Use the site to find old school mates
Read up on the different sites